Indian runner duck is a common breed with several colors. This breed is very swift in nature and moderates in size with a higher breeding rate. In this article, I am going to talk about Indian runner duck colors and healthcare.
Indian runner duck Description
It’s an egg-producing breed. The breed additional has three customary varieties. It’s a layer that provides a median yield of 250eggs/annum.
It’s second to Khaki Campbell in egg production. The three customary styles of this breed are as follows:
- The fawn and white runner: They’ve white coloration neck, fawn coloration again and shoulders, lengthy and slender physique, full breast, the body is just like penguin form and orange-pink coloration shanks and toes. The bill has the number of coloration at totally different phases i.e. younger drake has a yellow coloration bill which turns into greenish-yellow in later phases and the younger duck has yellow coloration bill which turns into uninteresting inexperienced in later phases.
- The white runner: It has pure white coloration in all sections. It has a yellow bill and orange coloration shanks and toes.
- The penciled selection: The male has an uninteresting bronze-green and white coloration head, smooth again and an uninteresting bronze coloration tail. The feminine has a medium fawn and white coloration head, fawn coloration mild line on the perimeters of the feathers, and the plumage is similar because of the male duck.
- Feeding child ducklings: The feed of ducklings having an age of three weeks should embrace 2700 kilocalorie/kg of metabolizable vitality and 20% protein content material. After the age of three weeks, protein degrees have to be 18%. The duck requires 50-60kg of feed in a single yr. For producing 1 dozen eggs and 2kg broiler duck it requires roughly 3kg of feed.
Indian runner duck colors Colors
Black: A pure black Runner Duck with an olive-green sheen, brown eyes, and darkish charcoal toes and bill.
Blue: A slate grey Runner with darker grey bill and toes. Drakes are usually a bit darker in general than the females.
Chocolate: A pure, even chocolate-brown Runner Duck, with brown bill and feet. Seems to be very comparable in tone to a precise chocolate sweet duck.
Fawn and White: A putting Runner Duck that’s principally white with particular patches of ginger brown coloring. The ginger-fawn patches are on the face, decrease neck, breast and wings, and tail. Legs are brilliant orange. Drakes have a lighter orange-green bill than females.
Feeding geese: Geese are excessively grasping eater and are engaging in look. Together with feed additionally they eat earthworms, bugs, and greenish materials current in the water.
When geese are introduced up within the shed, give them moist feed as a result of it’s troublesome for them to eat dry feed.
The feed is transformed into 3mm tablets that are good for geese to present them as a feed.
Feed to egg-laying geese: The laying geese require about 16-18% of protein content material within the feed. Primarily an egg-laying duck eats 6-8 ounces of feed.
However, the quantity might differ relying upon the geese breed. Clear and recent water has to be supplied to geese all time.
Fruits, greens, corns, small bugs might be given within the feed as an additional complement. All the time attempt to give water together with feed as it’ll assist the duck to simply devour the feed.
Care of the breed
Shelter and care: It requires shelter which is quiet and secluded. It must be nicely ventilated and will have sufficient house in order that geese can simply increase their wings and groom.
Clear and recent water have to be all-time obtainable to the ducklings. Water fountains are advisable to the ducklings for recent water.
Care of ducklings: After hatching ducklings require a brooder which has a temperature of 90°F after which it must be lowered by 5°C day by day.
After some days when the temperature will match the room temperature then the ducklings are taken out from the brooder.
Correct feed at the correct interval of time has to be given to chicks and clear water has to be obtainable each time within the brooder.
Care of laying geese: For correct progress of geese and manufacturing of fine high-quality eggs, correct care of geese is required.
Mash or pellet is given within the feed at the correct time. For the production of fine high-quality eggs, 18% of protein content material is required within the feed.
Primarily an egg-laying duck consumes 6-Eight ounces of feed. Don’t give bread to geese or ducklings within the feed.
Really helpful vaccines: Correct vaccination at the correct interval of time is important.
- Duck cholera (Pasteurellosis) vaccination @1ml is given to duckling when it’s 3-Four weeks previous to forestall cholera illness.
- Duck plague vaccination @1ml is given to duckling when it’s 8-12 weeks previous to forestall plague illness.
Ailments and Remedy
Duck virus hepatitis: It’s an extremely contagious illness that is attributable to the herpes virus. It primarily happens in younger ducklings which is 1-28 days previous. They precipitated inner breeding, extreme diarrhea after which in the end loss of life of the contaminated chicken.
Remedy: No remedy is there as soon as this illness will get contaminated. For prevention, vaccination of stay virus duck hepatitis is given to the breeder geese to forestall duck virus hepatitis.
Duck plague (Duck Virus Enteritis): It’s a contagious and extremely deadly illness. The illness primarily precipitated in each mature and younger geese. The signs are sluggishness, greenish-yellow coloration diarrhea, and ruffled feather. The indicators of this illness are spots that seem on the mucous lining of the esophagus and intestines.
Remedy: Vaccination of attenuated stay duck virus enteritis is given to treatment duck plague.
Salmonella: The indicators of this illness are despair, closed eyes, lameness, ruffled feathers, and so on.
Remedy: Vaccination of Amoxicillin is given to deal with salmonella.
Aflatoxicosis: It’s a fungal illness. It’s primarily precipitated because of the consumption of excessive moisture grains which comprises Alfa toxins. The signs are sleepiness, depressed progress, paleness, elevated bruising, and decreased fertility.
Remedy: Enhance the protein, vitamin content material, and mineral content material by 1% within the feed. The addition of Gentian violet will assist to cut back the impact of Alfatoxicosis illness.
Duck pox: The symptom is retarded progress. Duck pox is of two kinds: dry and moist kind. In dry pox, the signs are wart-like bruises discovered on pores and skin they usually healed in 2 weeks. In moist pox, blight-like lesions are noticed close to the bill.
Remedy: Spraying of mosquito repellant or appropriate vaccination is given to treat illness.
Riemerella anatipestifer an infection: It’s a bacterial illness. The signs are weight reduction, diarrhea which is blood-stained typically, shaking head, twisted neck, and excessive mortality price.
Remedy: Vaccination of enrofloxacin, Penicillin, and sulfadimethoxine-ormetoprim @0.04-0.08% is given within the feed to treatment from this illness.
Colibacillosis: It’s the frequent infectious illness that is attributable to E. coli. Its major signal is that it reduces hatchability.
Remedy: Medication of Chlorotetracycline @0.04% and Sulfadimethoxine-ormetoprim @0.04-0.08% is given in feed to treatment Colibacillosis illness.
Other Recommended Reading
- Amazon Kingfisher Bird – Facts | Description
- African Pygmy Kingfisher Facts and Description
- Ringed Kingfisher Bird – Facts | Range | Size | Call
- Water (or Cerylid) Kingfisher Bird – Description | Facts
- Woodpecker Adaptations – How Do They Survive
- Peregrine Falcon Adaptations – How do They Survive?
- Great Horned Owl Adaptations – Survival Mesures
- Hawk Adaptations – How Do They Survive?
- Puffin Adaptations – How Do They Survive?
- Bohemian Waxwing Bird Facts | Call | Range
- Hummingbird Adaptations – How Do They Survive?
- Least Tern Bird – Description | Facts | Habitat | Call
- Red-Tailed Hawk Adaptations – How Do They Survive
- Roadrunner Adaptations – How do they Survive?
- 24 Reasons Why Did My Chickens Stop Laying Eggs
- Slaty-backed Gull – Facts | Description | Adaptations
- Western Gull – Facts | Description | Hybridization
- Ivory Gull – Description | Facts | Range | Call
- Emperor Penguin Adaptations – Types of Adaptation
- Toucan Adaptations – How Do Toucans Survive