White-faced Black Spanish is playful and stylish hens. Their rich, shiny, black feathers, large red combs, and long white face and ears are white-faced black Spanish, the real elite of poultry. They drive quietly with their straight state car.
White-faced Black Spanish facts
This bird is one of the oldest Mediterranean varieties originating from Spain. Once known, this chicken breed is also known as ‘Clown Chickens’, ‘Seoul’s Birds’ and ‘Clown Face Chickens’. The white-faced black Spanish chicken has shiny black plumage and is closely related to the Castilian and Minorca chicken varieties.
Spanish or White-faced Black Spanish, Spanish: Kara blanca or Espaলাola Cara blanca is a native of the native chicken, which originated from Spain, but is still abundant in Great Britain in the eighteenth century. It is a breed older than Minorca. It is distributed worldwide but is rare in Spain.
White face black Spanish chicken info
This chicken breed is one of the oldest Mediterranean varieties originating from Spain. Once known, this chicken breed is also known as ‘Clown Chickens’, ‘Seoul’s Birds’ and ‘Clown Face Chickens’. The white-faced black Spanish chicken has shiny black plumage and is closely related to the Castilian and Minorca chicken varieties.
However, they are older than Minorcas. Although distributed worldwide, the rare Spanish in Spain brought the first bird to the Caribbean, and it is one of the oldest varieties in the United States.
In the colonial period, they were very popular in the South. White-faced black Spanish chickens were admitted to the American Poultry Association’s Standard of Perfection in 1874.
White-faced black Spanish chicken features
The white-faced black Spanish chicken has a glittery black-colored plumage. The most distinctive feature of these chicken breeds is their large, white, low-hanging aerobes.
The sides of their ears are actually obsolete. This breed is very slow to develop (sometimes takes a year to fully mature). Their white appearance will be deeper and richer with age, which will take a whole year to develop. The white-faced black Spanish chicken has a medium-sized, bright red color single lid with five well-defined points.
These points are steep in women as well as in men. Their vitals are long, thin, and have a bright red color (with white on the upper side in males). They have brown eyes and have a black beak.
They have no crest. Their shanks and toes are of a dark slate color. Their color is white. On average, white-faced black Spanish cock weighs about 2.5-3kg and chicken weighs about 2-2.5kg. There are also several varieties of this chicken breed. Image from Wikipedia.
They have shiny black plumage and are closely associated with Minorca and Castellana Negra varieties. Their most distinctive feature is their white, low-hanging ear lobes that are actually obsolete. They have a single jig, four fingers, and no crest.
White-faced Black Spanish chicken is a good substrate breed. The hens lay a large number of eggs and white eggs. This breed is very active and noisy. These are considered fly and do not like to be held.
They are good shepherds, but they do well in prison. They succeed in heating but not cooling in cold temperatures. They mature slowly and do not have a tendency to become Brody. These are usually grown for egg production and ornamental purposes.
Beautiful look with full black plumage
Hens are at good level
Large white eggs
Good for free-range
Easy to manage
Well well captured
Can do well in hot climates
Other Recommended Reading
- Fulvous Whistling-Duck – Profile | Facts | Fly | Female | Range
- Common Raven – Profile | Facts | Size | Flight | Traits | Nest
- Northwestern Crow – Profile | Facts | Range | Call | Traits
- American Crow – Profile | Facts | Eggs | Size | Beak | Fly | Feet
- Clark’s Nutcracker – Profile | Facts | Habitat | Pouch | Nest | Fly
- Pinyon Jay Bird – Profile | Call | Flock | Range | Traits | Facts
- California Scrub-Jay – Profile | Facts | Fly | Size | Traits | Call
- Steller’s Jay – Profile | Fly | Facts | Range | Feather | Traits | Eggs
- Gray Jay Bird – Canada Jay – Profile | Facts | Nest | Traits | Fly
- Black-billed Magpie – American Magpie – Profile | Facts | Traits
- Eurasian Dotterel – Profile | Nest | Habitat | Description | Ecology
- Mountain Plover – Profile | Facts | Habitat | Diet | Traits | Range
- Killdeer Bird – Profile | Facts | Sound | Call | Traits | Egg | Flying
- Piping Plover – Profile | Facts | Nest | Habitat | Traits | Eggs
- Semipalmated Plover – Profile | Facts | Flight | Call | Traits
- Snowy Plover Bird – Profile | Facts | Habitat | Range | Traits
- Pacific Golden-Plover – Profile | Facts | Migration | Flight | Traits
- American Golden-Plover – Profile | Fly | Eggs | Migration | Nest
- Black-Bellied Plover – Profile | Facts | Flight | Plumage | Traits
- Yellow Breasted Chat Bird – Profile | Facts | Habitat | Song | Traits
Is white mouth black Spanish chicken good?
Want to raise beautiful chickens with unique looks.
Want to raise some good levels.
Want to produce large-scale eggs.
Looking for some chickens that are great forger and good for free-range.
Like raising some active and tough birds that are friendly and very easy to manage.
Looking for some chickens that succeed in heating.
I’d like to raise some chicken for ornamental purposes.